SENIOR JAVA developer
At McCarthy’s, we develop integrated plant-based systems for management of core meat processing and value-added food production, throughout Australasia. Since our inception in the 1980s, we have forged a reputation as trusted, reliable innovators in our industry. We are looking for a talented Software Developer to join our team. Based in sunny Hawke’s Bay, this position combines very interesting work in a wonderful part of New Zealand, no traffic jams, beautiful beaches, mountains, rivers and world-class wineries on your doorstep.
About the Role
The types of things you could expect to be doing include:
- Working alongside Business Analysts to understand the business domain, data model and functional requirements
- Designing and building the Java layer to support Web UI development
- Optimising the system to ensure applications are performant
- Working with, and enhancing, legacy, in-house Java frameworks
- Supporting front end Developers
- Responding to issues raised by Testers
- Keeping documentation up to date
- Participating in Agile team discussions
About the Candidate
We are looking for a Developer with proven back-end Server-side Java and Database development experience.
Important qualities include;
- Strong design skills in the Java middleware layer supporting Web UI applications
- Ability to design high performing Software. Knowledge of efficient ways of dealing with complex data and its transformation for the UI.
- Experience working with legacy systems. Accepting of their constraints while working toward improvements and transition.
- Intelligent, learns quickly
- Good problem-solving approach
- Ability to convey ideas well, listen and be receptive to input from others.
Experience in any of the following will be valuable:
- Java EE, OSGi, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Apache Karaf, PostgreSQL
- Unix, HTML, CSS
- AJAX, JSON, Rest Web Services
We have considerable experience helping with relocation and settling in New Zealand, including assistance with residency and relocation expenses.
If you believe you would be a good fit for this role then we would love to hear from you!
Please supply quality references.